A Year Ago….Posted: October 24, 2011
A year ago…that’s when it all started.
Everything else ended on that day.
A bunch of dreamers, set to change the way the industry works.
A bunch of risk-takers, set to overcome status-quos and recessions.
A passionate few, set to challenge Bureaucracy, Systems, Egos and Dinosaurs.
We knew it was going to be very hard.
Surprisingly, it wasn’t.
It was a joy ride. And it’s still going on.
We started with No clients; We’re currently sharing great moments with 30 partners…. and still counting.
We started the operations with 12 risk takers; We’re now surrounded by 32 unique talents…and more are seeking us every day.
We started working from our living rooms; we’re now spread in 2 beautiful offices, Dubai & KSA.
We started unknown; We’re now apparently hated by all agencies… & we love it.
We didn’t do any PR; We still don’t.
How did we do that?
My take on it would be those few principles we believed in:
- Set the right goal. And make sure it’s not about money.
- Seduce the best talents, irrespective of costs.
- Behave humbly & stay down to earth.
- Dream big & take risks.
- Multitask. Do things you’ve never done before…once a month.
- Unlearn clichés & challenge set rules.
- Don’t attempt to change people. Good ones will adapt.
- Take tough decisions. Fix and move forward quickly.
- Follow your gut feeling. You’ll be right 90% of the time. Don’t worry about the 10%, it’s the needed mistakes you’ll learn from.
- Get the chicken before the egg.
- Don’t lose sleep over matters. It’s energy wasted.
- Don’t be too materialistic. Money is a result of things well done.
- Be grateful.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Set the right goal. And make sure it’s not about the money.
It’s been a great year. Everyone’s contributed. Everyone should be proud.
And to think, we’re just getting started!
Cheers to Livingroom and Happy 1st Anniversary…